CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
RATCH-Australia is calling for nominations for the Mt Emerald Wind Farm Community Consultative Committee (CCC).
The purpose of the CCC is to provide a forum for open discussion between representatives of Mount Emerald Wind Farm (MEWF), the community and other stakeholders on issues directly relating to the construction and operation of the wind farm, of its environmental performance and community relations, and to keep the community informed on these matters.
The Committee will;
- Bring awareness of Community issues to MEWF management
- Provide a conduit for the provision of information to the community in relation to;
- issues raised
- project progress
- scientific or operational learnings
- changes to government, industry or business direction
The Committee is NOT a platform for;
- decisions on the business direction of MEWF
- addressing the vested interests of individuals
The Committee will have up to 8 members, comprising a Chair and MEWF Secretariat, and 6 community representatives.
*Representativeness is defined as someone who is, and has a record of being, an active member of the group/community and is nominated by two other recognised members of that group, including one of the management committee and who commits to give agood indication of what the whole population of their group believes.
The Initial meeting will be held within a month of selection of the Committee. It will include:
- Welcome to the Committee
- Background on the Project
- Approval Process and DA Conditions
- Charter for Community Consultative Committee
- Role of the Committee
- Next Steps
- Information on the top 5 key issues
- Mechanism for the raising of concerns and the provision of information
Then - 3 monthly meetings / coinciding with project milestones
How to apply:
- download and complete the application form and email to: email@example.com
Nominations close: 31 August 2016.